Here's What It Feels Like to Message 100+ Celebs
By Tim Liwanag
IN THE PRESENT WORLD, everyone feels stress at one time or another, so to deal with it I focus on positivity to stay motivated and productive. Or, I'd literally search for Filipino role models, even do-gooders with influence and power, because they have the gift to change people's perspective.
Uh-oh, the intimidating and domineering on pedestals are out! The untouchables are not only dated, they have no place in alternative media where new personalities are being shown with feelings and flaws. Have you noticed that lately?
So, if you're looking for some Filipino Trailblazers who move, challenge, and persuade the way our digital world works today, here's a directory of truly authentic people you could learn from.
Honestly, it's hard to promote a book without any celeb endorser nowadays. I'm simply anonymous, but I've learned to communicate through a laptop screen. And I'm not regarding myself as more gifted or special than others. So I've approached these trailblazers and asked them to consider promoting other iconic Filipinos, from Luis Manzano to Brillante Mendoza, from those who are exposed on stage and those who are working behind the curtains. I've privately messaged and tweeted to a 100+ celebs that First Filipino World Records is now available at Amazon.com.
It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but some responded and accepted me as a friend in facebook. This is engaging the reader. Yes, celebs are readers too. Call it grit with the right motivation if you want, but this is the new social reality, this is digital citizenship. Oh, I've chatted a thousand times with somebody I've never met. This is how we connect online and I'm looking forward to meaningful conversations with them.
I am sure that many will buy the book. Hey, it's not about being the best really; it's about being better than you were yesterday. It's about learning from those who did better. It's being other-conscious too. And this is what I see: I think First Filipino World Records will be a positive force in their lives!
Outside his intellectual hobbies and his fascination for ancient scripts like Baybayin, the pre-colonial Philippine writing system, he definitely likes watching superhero and sci-fi movies with family and friends.
Visit Amazon's Tim Liwanag Page
Did you know...
- ...that President Noynoy Aquino was the first Filipino bachelor to become President of the Republic of the Philippines?
- ...that Astronomer Armando Lee was the first Filipino Master of Science (MS) degree holder in Astronomy in the Philippines?
- ...that race driver Marlon Stockinger was the first Filipino-Swiss race winner in the Michelin Formula Renault UK Championship?
- ...that Joy Rojas was the first Filipina to run across 3,107 miles across the United States?
- ...that boxing champion Manny Pacquiao was the first Filipino sports billionaire?
- ...that José Rizal was given the label 'First Filipino' by Leon Ma. Guerrero, the first Filipino Ambassador to Germany?
- 2011 FILIPINO TRAILBLAZERS
- 2010 FILIPINO TRAILBLAZERS
- 2009 FILIPINO TRAILBLAZERS
- 2008 FILIPINO TRAILBLAZERS
- 2007 FILIPINO TRAILBLAZERS
- 2006 FILIPINO TRAILBLAZERS
- 2005 FILIPINO TRAILBLAZERS
- 2004 FILIPINO TRAILBLAZERS
- 2003 FILIPINO TRAILBLAZERS
- 2002 FILIPINO TRAILBLAZERS
- 2001 FILIPINO TRAILBLAZERS
- 2000 FILIPINO TRAILBLAZERS
- ABS CBN News
- Blog Addicts
- Famous Filipinos
- Filipino Librarian
- Film Academy of the Philippines
- Gibbs Cadiz
- GMA news.tv
- Howie Severino's Sidetrip
- Manila Bulletin
- Manila Ocean Park
- Manuel L. Quezon III
- Philippine Blog Awards
- Philippine eLib
- Philippine Stock Exchange
- Winnie Monsod
|This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.|