Pres. Fidel V. Ramos
AKA Fidel Valdez Ramos
- 1st Filipino Protestant President (1992-98)
- 1st Filipino Christian Democrat to become President (1992-98)
- 1st Filipino President to visit Australia (1995)
- 12th President of the Philippines
- "Father of Philippine Army Special Forces"
- "Father of Philippine Democracy"
"...the Philippines claims credit for the first peaceful non-violent people power revolution that toppled a dictatorship in our part of the world. This act of the sovereign people, supported by a democratically-oriented military, showed the peace-loving character of Filipinos to the world in February 1986."
"Eddie" (Steady Eddie)
DATE OF BIRTH
March 18, 1928
Lingayen, Pangasinan, Philippines
FATHER: Narciso Ramos
MOTHER: Angela Valdez
WIFE: Amelita "Ming" Martinez
CHILDREN: Angelina Jones, Josephine Samartino, Carolina Sembrano, Cristina Jalasco and Gloria Ramos
USEFUL LINKSFidel V. Ramos
1997 - Address by Mr. Fidel V. Ramos
Cultural Heritage – Philippine President Fidel V. Ramos
Wikipedia Article on Fidel V. Ramos