Dr. José Rizal
AKA José Protacio Mercado Rizal Alonso y Realonda
- 1st Filipino physician to practice in Germany
- Asia's first modern peaceful proponent of political reforms
- "Father of Philippine Nationalism"
- "Father of Modern Tagalog Orthography"
- "Father of Philippine Children’s Literature"
- National Hero of the Philippines
"While a people preserves its language, it preserves the marks of liberty."
"The First Filipino"
"Pride of the Malayan Race"
"The Great Malayan"
"The Messiah of the Revolution"
"The Messiah of the Redemption"
"The Universal Hero"
"Greatest Man of the Brown Race"
DATE OF BIRTH
June 19, 1861
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
FATHER: Francisco Mercado
MOTHER: Teodora Alonso Realonda y Quintos
BELOVED PARTNER: Josephine Bracken
YEAR OF DEATH
December 30, 1896
USEFUL LINKSJose Rizal.ph
Jose Rizal: A Biographical Sketch
The Foremost Atenean
Wikipedia Article on Jose Rizal